Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Features and Docs

Like many of us who work in mapping-enabled technology, I spent today at the Where 2.0 conference in San Jose. Manning the Google booth, I was able to show off newer features of Google Earth and Maps. For a complete rundown of Google Earth happenings at Where 2.0, see Frank Taylor's blog.

As you may know, Google launched Street View, a cool new feature of Google Maps that allows you to view navigate within street level imagery (example). Note that Street Views are only implemented for certain cities and can only be viewed by users in the US at this time.

To this end, I have worked hard on preparing another set of user documentation: the new Google Maps user guide. Please take a look and tell me what you think; I am all for implementing useful feedback.

Speaking of new docs and features, the beta version of KML 2.2 is now available for you to check out. Busy times here at the Googleplex!

No comments: